Greetings from the Omnigraphic Blogopticon. On view are vile sticky things dragged from the attic, snarky commentary on the world at large, and all-encompassing ennui. All that and a weird rubbery smell. A horrible time will be had by all.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Oh, the Indignity!

If you're a cat owner, or maybe borrowed a cat from somewhere, you know one of the most fun things you can do with it is to give the damned thing a bath.

Observe The Lord of the Fleas giving me the old stink-eye.


Yeah I know, slow weekend.

Several dozen false starts on new Etsy merchandise, no new books to read, jack shit on TV, and not enough memory to play with the Sims for more than a half hour before it locks up, so I washed the cat. I mean there's only so many times I can watch Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog and DEVO's The Men Who Make the Music, plus I've already listened to Joy Division's Substance like 17 times this week already.

Meh.

7 comments:

Mouse said...

I'd suggest you sleep light tonight or Agent Orange there might go all serial killer on your ass for that bath. Cats+vats of liquid=death. I'm just sayin...

Eve said...

I figure angry cats are a little like leprosy. First you lose the parts that are easy to nibble off... fingers, toes and nose...

Better open a can of tuna for his lordship tonight.

Severina said...

He's a strange kitty. He got more upset about being rubbed all over with a towel than the actual bath. He stood in the tub and cried and whined while I poured water on him but the towel totally pissed him off.

Just so long as he doesn't decide after all these years to take a whizz on anything I like.

Obsidian Kitten said...

That is one of the saddest sights I've ever seen.

Too bad you're too late for inclusion here:
http://www.amazon.com/Wet-Cats-Chronicle-Books/dp/0811862275

Wonder what it was about the towel that set Demonseed off -- similarity to huge kitty tongue?

Severina said...

Dunno what the deal was with the towel. He stood still for the soap and water but I brought out the towel and he was off like a rocket. I had to chase him down a couple times before I got him even partially dry.

Of course a sopping wet cat skidding on wood floors is even funnier than a soapy one crying in a tub.

Obsidian Kitten said...

At least he had the good sense to stand in front of the radiator.

Severina said...

Yeah, he loves that damn space heater.