Greetings from the Omnigraphic Blogopticon. On view are vile sticky things dragged from the attic, snarky commentary on the world at large, and all-encompassing ennui. All that and a weird rubbery smell. A horrible time will be had by all.

Monday, February 16, 2009

More Dead Stuff At Etsy

New stuff at Perfidious Beadworks, some of which inexplicably don't involve beads. Maybe I was thinking about beads while I made them. Yeah, that's the story.



Three new pins using Victorian beads and reproduction antique photographs from my collection. Edgar Allan Poe, Tobias, and Emma.


And as a companion to Dirt Nap Guy, we have The Undertaker's Demonstration. A lovely illustration from The Art and Science of Embalming, published in the 1890s.

I've got several more lying around partially done but the apartment's been too chilly for me to want to fool with goddamned beads. I think the noisy jackass who lived underneath me moved out because it's been uncharacteristically quiet and a bit colder these past couple weeks. Feh.

5 comments:

Mouse said...

Just wanted to let you know that should you find yourself in need of an electric heater to keep yourself warm.. that the new ones are VERY energy efficient. I don't have heat at all and we had to run 'space heaters'(three of them, all on low but for about 12 hours a day each) -- our electric bill for 1 month was $114.00 -- all of our appliances & hot water heater are electric and our standard electric bill is about $70.00 without heaters. So, don't freeze!

Severina said...

I've got one of those electric things that looks like a radiator and that's been just fine--so long as I've got people living beneath me. Last week was 75 degrees but now it's back down to the 30s so I think I'm more annoyed by the temperature changes than anything.

Short sleeves last week, snow this week. Woo-hoo!

Obsidian Kitten said...

I think The Undertaker is friends with Stabby Guy. They are probably planning to Do Something to Dirt Nap Guy because I'm sure they talk about him behind his back.

At least, that's what I tell him.

Hehhheh, as if he weren't paranoid enough already.

VW is trying to tell me something: hyper. (I sh*t you not.)

Severina said...

I think if I were Dirt Nap Guy I'd shut the lid on my coffin and never come out. Wait 'til the cats get ahold of him.

So does "hyper" beat out "fulater"?

Obsidian Kitten said...

I think it depends on whether it's the American "hyper," as in "overactive," or the Euro "hyper," as in the French "hypermarche" for supermarket. Hyper-market is definitely in the running with fulater, in my book...but both could be useful.

Perhpas one might end up combining the two...as in: "The dam cat got so hyper it ate my headphones. Fulater, dam cat!"