Greetings from the Omnigraphic Blogopticon. On view are vile sticky things dragged from the attic, snarky commentary on the world at large, and all-encompassing ennui. All that and a weird rubbery smell. A horrible time will be had by all.

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Make It Stop

I was in the dollar store this afternoon after work hoping to score some cat litter and for some reason supermarkets & drugstores always seem to be playing some oldies radio station. Once I heard David Bowie's "John, I'm Only Dancing" in a crap expensive supermarket run by a local Jebus-freak family, which was a little unsettling. The supermarket, not the song. Anyhow, that cretinous Bon Jovi song "Living On A Prayer" came on and I can't get rid of it.

It's also being sung once a week by some chick music student and since I live next door to the university music department I have to suffer through a capella versions of that smelly song , "Eye of the Tiger", and Alanis Morissette's "You Oughta Know". The main problem is the chick's voice which is totally wrong for the songs she's picked. It's like hearing Dolly Parton attempting bombastic hair-metal. I feel like I'm being made to suffer through an endless episode of American Idol.

Grumble.